Friday, January 18, 2013

Hot and Cold

It's a toasty -8 degrees (Fahrenheit, since I'm in the United States) right now. Gosh! I think I want to be in Australia right now. I don't mind the cold though, really. I'd much rather be too cold than too hot.

You see, "too cold" is easy to fix, unless you're feeling super lazy, like I am at the moment, and don't want to get up to grab your jacket. The solution to "too cold" is simply more layers. If you get enough jackets, hats, scarfs, gloves, blankets, and socks, you will eventually be warm enough. Hot cocoa also helps with this. So do cuddle buddies. :D

"Too hot" on the other hand, is a pain to fix. You strip down to almost nothing (or maybe even nothing, if you really feel so inclined) and then what? You are still hot! So you jump into a cool body of water. That works, as long as you stay there. But when you become a prune, you get out and you're still hot. Yuck. Or worse, it's humid and hot, so then getting wet is a moot point. You're already sweating so much, jumping in the water doesn't make a difference.

Therefore, I will continue to live in places like Utah or Iceland, instead of Georgia or Australia. I'll keep my hot cocoa, sweatshirt, blanket, good book, fireplace, and comfy chair (wow, I should just add by a window with a gentle snow falling--isn't that the perfect moment?), and you can keep your beach and your humidity and your sunburns.

Stay temperate, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment