Friday, February 15, 2013

New Apartment!!!

It's been a while since I posted, but I have a seriously awesome reason: I've been moving!!! That's right, I have my own place now. I can't express how excited and happy this makes me.

How I Got The Place:

My visiting teacher had just come over, and after the obligatory "What can we do for you?" I said, "Find me an apartment or a job." Brie took me seriously (which is good, 'cause I was serious). The next day she sent me a message on Facebook about an apartment a friend or a friend of a friend had available and asked if I wanted the contact info. Of course I did! So I called Marianne up and after a few missed calls, we set up a time for me to tour the place. I fell in love with the little place.

Oddly, on the same day, my co-worker Bret told me that the apartment above his place had an open room that I should check out. So I went over there too. I walked in and saw dishes in the sink and assorted stuff in the hallway and went, "NO!! I can't do this again! No roommates!" (To be fair, the girls seemed nice enough--I've just done 4 years of college and 18 months of mission--I'm so ready for my own place.)

So I called Marianne and asked when I could move in. They did a bit of painting and wa-la! I moved in on Monday (started bringing over boxes on Friday) and have slept here since Tuesday. :)

The Tour:
So now, of course, I have to give a tour. We are in River Heights now. :)
Begin:

Here we are, parked in the driveway. I get the left spot.

Now we'll walk to my front (and only) door.







There's the important porch light too. :)

Knock knock. Come in!!!
The Living Room
The Kitchen

These two "rooms" make an L-shape. Up the stairs in the kitchen is my bedroom:

Yes, that is a king-size bed. :O

They provided the bed and the bookcases. :)

This is from the loft right above the stairs.
I'm sleeping in there, and not much else. The ceiling is so low that even I can't stand up straight in there!! But that's ok. :)

The Living Room again. 

My "new" couch! $30 at DI!

The closet is full of shelves and rods,
so I have all my clothes out here.
They also provided a TV with cable, and wireless internet. 

The closet on the right is just for storage.
The one on the left isn't a closet at all.
That door leads to their house, through a "secret passageway." It locks from this side though, so I don't have to worry.

Nothing too exciting here; just a Bathroom.

No tub in here, but the shower works just fine.
It's not a very big bathroom.
Well, really, that's it. See? You can practically see the whole place from here:



So it's not super big--cozy is a better word--but I love it. I feel like I have plenty of room for me, and I can spread out my projects and make my own messes and not have any one else in the way.

Bonus!

My couch is more awesome than I thought it was when I bought. I didn't see that it reclined, but it does!

Yes, I am working on this post right now.
And I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but in case you didn't know, my hair is black now. :) I dyed it a few weeks ago now. And I love it too. 

Thanks for taking the virtual tour. Please come and visit me for reals! I love company! (Give me a heads up first though--I spend a lot of time at work.)




No comments:

Post a Comment